SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 28 January 2018

Magical Day Unicorn

Hello Crafty Friends,

Hope you are having a great day. Just a quick post today to share a card that made me giggle as I was creating it. Hope the recipient has a chuckle when she opens it.....she may not.  I filled it with loads of tiny punched hearts that probably fell all over her floor!! I can just picture her laughing and cursing simultaneously, as she cleans up the mess.

I just adore the Magical Day stamp set. The chubby Unicorn is simple and easy to colour as are the other images in the set - the mermaid, seahorse, knight, dragon and wizard.

I have shown the "clean" version of this card,  with a die cut YOU flipped around and the U cut down to form the J.
 
"May Unicorn's fart rainbow coloured sequins all over your day"


On a Whisper White card front I cut two lines using a stitched curved line die (not Stampin' Up!) but two simple cuts made with a trimmer will suffice. Place this over the card base and lightly mark with a pencil the space you want filled with sequins.

Stamp card front ( I used the tiny sparkles in Powder Pink, but they do not show up well in the photo), add White Glitter card die cut clouds and place the coloured and fussy cut Unicorn just over the opening of the two lines.

I lined the marked area with double sided adhesive, ensuring a small overlapped the pencil marks. Then I simply poured the irredescent sequins container on the adhesive and poured off the excess. I pressed the sequins flat and then poured them over again to fill the gaps.

Adhere the card front to the card base with Tombow. You could raise the front from the base with dimensionals but this one was being posted so I needed to reduce the bulk.

Until next time, stay crafty

2 comments :

  1. Love this...thx, I have a few friends that will get
    a kick out of them....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx