SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 5 October 2017

Just Add Ink #380 Sketch - Beachy Christmas

Hello Crafty Friends,

Happy Friday to you all! Hope you have a fabulous weekend planned. I'm crossing my fingers and all other appendages, that the Sunshine returns to my neck of the woods. It's challenge time at Just Add Ink. This week Narelle has inspired us with an amazing sketch to work with - see below 

https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/10/just-add-ink-380sketch.html


I need to start adding to my Christmas Card collection or I will never have them all done in time. As most are being posted overseas, I probably only have until the end of the month before I start missing postal deadlines.

I find it hard to make Christmas cards with traditional colours and patterns. They remind me of my high school uniform, red woollen jersey with a tartan green skirt. Yuck. Yuck and Yucky!  I prefer to use the soft, subtle colours, often teamed with metallics. For this weeks sketch challenge, I chose to use the Beachy Little Christmas stamp set.



I started by gold heat embossing the shells and tree, onto shimmery white card. These were water coloured using Powder Pink and Sweet Sugarplum. Once coloured, I fussy cut the Christmas Tree.

On Powder Pink card, the sentiment was gold heat embossed in the top right allowing room for the square component of the sketch.



The card front was then cut into two panels and the inner openings backed with gold foil card. The Powder Pink panels were adhered to the shimmery white water coloured card with dimensionals.



The layering squares Framelits and stitched shapes Framelits were used to cut the Powder Pink, Gold Foil and Very Vanilla card. To finish off the card, gold metallic thread was adhered behind the tree and a gold rhinestone to the tree topper.
 
The Just Add Ink Design Team have created some swoon worthy cards using Narelle's sketch. Why not join us and play along with this weeks challenge, the more the merrier!
 
Until next time, stay crafty
 
 
 
 


6 comments :

  1. OMGoodness I love this, Jackie. Pink & gold....divine! I'm now looking at this set in a whole different way....lol I'm so easily lead. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely on creative fire Jackie. Another totally gorgeous card. I just love the colour scheme and layout. Hope the sun did come out. Very disappointed not to have seen a photo of the festive uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! LOL, my high school uniform colours still give me twitches too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous colour combo for Christmas Jackie and I too am looking again at this pretty stamp set. Absolutely love the opening you’ve created and the shells peeking through- so clever!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Jackie. The colour & image combination is just gorgeous, & I really like the look of the recessed panel.
    Di: :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty card Jackie! Love the fun beachy themed Christmas card! All those little ornaments are cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx