SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 28 July 2017

Colourful Seasons and Sponging

Hello Crafty Friends,
 
Hope your day is going well. It's a tad windy and rainy outside today, which makes it the perfect day to spend in my crafty space.
 
I decided before I make anything new, I would first sort out the storage I use to house all the cards I have made. I have a few tins from the previous sale-a-bration promotion which I have labelled for sorting. One for Klassy Chick birthdays (that's my upline's team), one for family and friends, one for items to blog and the other two are for cards already blogged.
 
I discovered three cards that had fallen on their side in one of the tins. Think I intended on adding more stamped images to these but never got around to it. The seagulls from the High Tide stamp set would look great on the two upright cards in the picture below.




I am a huge fan of sponging. I find it therapeutic, making circles with my sponges and applicator tools so the ink blends smoothly. I have used the Colourful Seasons bundle for these cards and a little free hand drawing - nothing fancy, just a black ink pen. 
 
 
Card One




On Shimmery White card, I sponged a mottled background similar to the colours Perth sees during our sunsets as a storm is approaching. Powder Pink, Flirty Flamingo and Perfect Plum. I dragged the Powder Pink over the horizon line, into the water, for the sun's/clouds reflection.  I then die cut a small circle from a post it note and using the negative for a mask, I sponged White Craft Ink for the sun.
 
Using Soft Sky and Tempting Turquoise inks, I sponged up to the horizon line, avoiding the pink water reflection. With a black ink pen, I drew in the Islands, the trees, the hut and then a little into the water for the island reflection. The sentiment from Colourful Season's was stamped in black Momento ink.
 

Card Two



Again, using Shimmery White Card, I masked a horizon and sun. I then sponged underneath the horizon line with Tempting Turquoise, and above the line and around the sun with Daffodil Delight.
 
Using Black Momento ink to stamp the grass image from Fabulous Flamingo stamp set, and the sentiment from Colourful Seasons. 
 
I die cut the branch in black card and the blossums in gold foil card using the Colourful Seasons Thinlits. I then simply layered the card front onto a Daffodil Delight card base.
 
 
 
Card Three




This card uses the same masking as card two. I have used Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo inks for the sponging. The heat embossed chair and sentiment, both from the Colourful Seasons stamp set, were inked in Melon Mambo and heat embossed using clear powder.
 
I sponged a little crumb cake under the chair for a tad of shadowing, although the photo doesn't show it very clearly.  The card front was then mounted to a Melon Mambo card base.
 
Some quick sponged cards, with little mess! I normally have ink all over my scratch pad, not too mention my fingers! I can now add these cards to the BLOGGED tin, which then gets sorted into, either one of the other tins for birthdays or a donation tin I have for the various organisations I gift them too.
 
Until next time, stay awesome
 
 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx